Around 30 political decision-makers, high ranking business representatives and experts discussed in Istanbul within the framework of an "Energy Security Roundtable" (ESR) of the Munich Security Conference and the Frankfurter Allgemeine Forum the prospects of a "Transatlantic Energy Alliance" and other pressing issues of international energy policy. The debate focused also on the energy policy strategy of Europe against the background of the Ukraine crisis and the future role of the Near and Middle East in global energy supplies.
The Energy Security Roundtable is part of a series of events organized by the Munich Security Conference (MSC) and Frankfurter Allgemeine Forum on energy security, whose highlight is the annual "Energy Security Summit".
The Roundtable in Istanbul was organized in the margins of the "Atlantic Council Energy & Economic Summit" at the summer residence of the German Ambassador in Turkey and provided selected leaders with the possibility of exchanges in an exclusive circle and intimate atmosphere. The participants included, amongst others, US Secretary of Energy, Ernest Moniz.
In May of this year MSC had already organized together with the Frankfurter Allgemeine Forum a successful “Energy Security Summit” attended in addition to many other decision-makers also by the Federal German Minister for Foreign Affairs Frank-Walter Steinmeier and the Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk. This debate has now been continued in an exclusive circle in Istanbul.
Within the framework of the 51st Munich Security Conference from February 6 to 8, 2015 another Energy Security Roundtable will take place. Moreover, we will continue the series of events "Energy Security Summits" in 2015 in Berlin on May 6 and 7. The Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs Frank-Walter Steinmeier and the Federal Minister for Economic Affairs and Energy Sigmar Gabriel will again be the patrons of this event next year. Other high-ranking decision-makers who have already confirmed their active participation in the conference are, amongst others, the President of BDI (Federation of German Industries) Ulrich Grillo, the Lithuanian Energy Minister Jaroslav Neverovič and the Omani Minister of Oil and Gas Mohammed bin Hamad Al Rumhy.
- Cansen Basaran-Symes Chair of the Board of Directors, Allianz Turkey
- Fatih Birol Chief of Economist, International Energy Agency
- Thomas Blades Member of the Executive Board, Linde AG
- Paula Dobriansky Senior Fellow, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard University
- Robin Dunnigan Acting Deputy Assistant, Secretary for Energy Diplomacy, Bureau of Energy Resources, US Department of State
- Jonathan Elkind Acting Assistant Secretary, Office of International Affairs, US Department of Energy
- Thomas Fanning Chairman, President, and CEO, Southern Company
- Rainer Genes Vice President of Production, Planning Vehicles Mercedes-Benz Cars, Daimler AG
- Tony Hayward Chief Executive Officer, Genel Energy
- Jon M. Huntsman, Jr. Chairman, Atlantic Council
- Wolfgang Ischinger Chairman, Munich Security Conference
- James Jones President, Jones Group International
- Melanie Kenderdine Energy Counselor to the Secretary, US Department of Energy
- Zalmay Khalilzad President, Khalilzad Associates
- David Koranyi Director, Eurasian Energy Futures Initiative, Atlantic Council
- Jan Kulczyk Founder, Owner, and Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Kulczyk Investments
- Anne Lauvergeon Chair and CEO, ALP S.A.
- Ian MacDonald Vice President, Europe, Eurasia and Middle East Exploration and Production, Chevron
- Ernest Moniz Secretary of Energy, United States of America
- Richard Morningstar Founding Director, Global Energy Center, Atlantic Council
- Bujar Nishani President, Republic of Albania
- Paweł Olechnowicz President and CEO, Grupa LOTOS S.A.
- Ana Palacio Member of the Spanish Council of State, Former Foreign Minister Kingdom of Spain
- Carlos Pascual Fellow and Senior Research Scholar, Center on Global Energy Policy, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University
- Eberhard Pohl Ambassador to the Republic of Turkey, Federal Republic of Germany
- Friedbert Pflüger Professor, Director, European Centre for Energy and Resource Security (EUCERS), King’s College London
- Mithat Rende Permanent Representative of Turkey Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Jarosław Sroka Board Member, Kulczyk Holding
- Orhan Taner Director, Energy and Economic Summit, Atlantic Council
- Frederick Kempe President and CEO, Atlantic Council
- Rainer Hermann Editor, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
Please inform me about this or similar event news per e-mail.
Your email address is used internally and will not be
shared with a third party without your consent.
Frankfurter Allgemeine Forum
Tel.: +49 69 75 91 -26 17
Director Politics & Economics
Frankfurter Allgemeine Forum
Tel.: +49 69 75 91 -26 95
Director, Programs and Operations Munich Security Conference
Tel.: +49 89 379 79 4921
email@example.com Sommerresidenz des
deutschen Botschafters in